Prior to the AIDS 2016 conference this July, the Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS and The Teresa Group will once again bring together hundreds of service providers, community members, researchers, donors, advocates, and policy leaders from around the world for their 6th biennial international symposium. This year's focus is Children and HIV: Equity Now! Reaching all children in the epidemic. The two day conference will be held at the Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani hotel in Durban, South Africa on July 15th and 16th 2016.
Presenters will adopt an equity-focused lens, identifying new evidence, ideas, and approaches in five key areas tackled in previous symposia:
- Psychosocial support interventions for children and carers;
- Interventions that are family-centred—including families of key HIV-affected populations (sex workers, transgender people, people who use drugs, gay men and other men who have sex with men);
- HIV-sensitive social protection programs that benefit all children and families;
- Community action to end vertical transmission of HIV and keep parents alive;
- Programming focusing on early childhood: integrated interventions that support young children born into HIV-affected families.
Register now and learn more about the symposium program, visa information, and the conference venue.