The Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. For the purpose of this policy and this website, ‘the Coalition’, and ‘the Coalition for Children’ also refer to The Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS.
This policy governs all pages hosted at www.ccaba.org and registration for this site. It does not apply to pages hosted by other organisations to which we may link and whose privacy policies may differ. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Personally identifiable information
The Coalition may collect the following information regarding visitors: IP addresses; pages accessed; and any information volunteered by you, such as an email address.
Use of Information
The Coalition uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used, to make the site more useful, and to be able to send you relevant communications such as our e-bulletins.
Collection of information
When you are on www.ccaba.org, if and when you are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with The Coalition alone unless stated otherwise.
Distribution of Information
If you are a member of our coalition and/or have asked to receive emails from us, you may at any time ask to stop receiving Coalition emails by contacting the Coalition at john.miller AT ccaba.org
Changing and removing information
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to the Coalition. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that the Coalition maintains about you through the Coalition website. If you change your email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact the Coalition at john.miller AT ccaba.org. If would like your details totally removed from the Coalition’s contact database, please also email john.miller AT ccaba.org.
Except as explained below, the Coalition will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information and will not sell or rent lists containing your information to third parties. The Coalition may disclose information when it has your permission to do so or under special circumstances, such as when it believes in good faith that the law requires it. The Coalition’s secretariat operates under the legal jurisdictions of the Province of Ontario and Canada
When you give the Coalition personal information we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, the Coalition cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Terms and Conditions
Use of this site is provided by the Coalition subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- The Coalition reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, and logos regarding or relating to the Coalition are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the Coalition be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- The Coalition does its best to ensure that this site is functioning correctly and that materials contained in the site are timely and accurate. However, the Coalition does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in this site will always be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that this site, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Concerns about accuracy of information: We invite you to bring to our attention any material you believe to be factually inaccurate. Please notify us by forwarding a copy of the material and your comments by email to: john.miller AT ccaba.org
- Copyright restrictions and use of material: Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS Copyright. Copyright in the information and materials contained on this website, and any translations of that material, are at all times owned by the Coalition unless otherwise indicated.
- Use of Coalition material: The information and materials contained on this website may be translated, printed and used for personal, educational and not-for-profit purposes only, provided at all times that the source indications are stated (to include, but not to be limited to, the name of the copyright owner). We encourage the translation and adaptation of the Coalition information and materials but only with the prior written approval of the Coalition. Under no circumstances can the Coalition be held responsible for the content of any third party translation or adaptation. It is strictly prohibited to sell any of the information or materials on to third parties or to use any of the information or materials for personal gain.
- Use of third party material: Some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the Coalition). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- The Coalition takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. In addition, links to these websites cannot be taken as any endorsement of the content or approval by the Coalition of the views and expressions on these websites.
- Trademarks: The Coalition name and logo are trademarks of the Coalition. The names, images and logos identifying the Coalition or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the Coalition and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the Coalition or any third party.
- Photographs: The inclusion of persons in images or photographs within this website should not be construed as indicating their health status. In order to respect the privacy of the children and adults with who we work, the photographs and names used on this site are not necessarily those of the actual people concerned.
- External links to the Coalition: Any organisation wishing to set up a link to this site must ask permission and confirm their agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and Ontario. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Canada and Ontario.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, your use of this site must be ended immediately.