The Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS, in partnership with The Teresa Group, created the biennial Symposium for Children Affected by AIDS to draw attention to children as a priority population for the international response to HIV and AIDS. In the days leading up to the International AIDS Conference, the Symposium is a forum for discussion and learning about research, policy and practice for children.
Since its inception, the Symposium has become the premier event for professionals working with children infected with and affected by HIV and AIDS. It attracts diverse stakeholders, highlights research and facilitates productive debate. In so doing, it creates an international community of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of children.
- Children and HIV: Equity Now! Reaching all Children in the Epidemic
- Start Early, Start Now! Integrated interventions for young children born into HIV affected families (Melbourne 2014)
- Closing the Gap – Ending vertical transmission through community action (Washington 2012)
- Family Support First (Vienna 2010)
- Action Now, Action How (Mexico City 2008)
- Video Compilation