The Coalition for Children Affected by AIDS (the Coalition) encourages an increase in targeted research related to children affected by the epidemic. For example:
- The Coalition is working to identify the psychosocial and health outcomes of community-based interventions through support for a children’s cohort study run by University College London and Stellenbosch University
- By developing the International AIDS Society/Coalition for Children Prize for Excellence in Research Related to the Needs of Children Affected by AIDS, we work to inspire excellence in research, and bring further awareness to children as a priority community for research and funding.
We also spearhead and sponsor journal articles regularly including:
- A July 2014 special issue of AIDS on children born into families affected by HIV
- A 2012 special issue of the Journal of the International AIDS Society on community action to end paediatric HIV infection
- A 2010 special issue of the Journal of the International AIDS Society on family-centred services for children affected by AIDS
Coming in 2016, we are organizing a special issue of AIDSCare focused on the issue of equity.